- BVIKM-SBIMC symposia
BVIKM WEBINAR JUNE 1ST 2021
- Future developments of IGGI [Caroline THEUNISSEN (ITG, Antwerpen)].
- Recognition of medical microbiology and clinical infectiology [Steven CALLENS (UZ Gent, Gent), Bénédicte DELAERE (CHU Namur, Yvoir), Olivier DENIS (CHU Namur, Yvoir), Denis PIERARD (UZ Brussel, Jette)].
- Working party for funding of infectiology [Caroline THEUNISSEN (ITG, Antwerpen)].
- Belgian clinical guidance for COVID-19 [Maya HITES (Hôpital Erasme ULD, Anderlecht)].
- OPAT [Franky BUYLE (UZ Gent, Gent)].
- "Interuniversitair getuigschrift medische microbiologie en klinische infectiologie" [Paul DE MUNTER (UZ Leuven, Leuven)].
- Joint symposium BIS-BELVIR-BSM-BVIKM on June 24th 2021 [Deborah DE GEYTER (UZ Brussel, Jette)].
INTERDISCIPLINARY SYMPOSIUM ON COVID-19
TheCOVID-19 global pandemic has disrupted nearly all aspects of modernlife, while long-term psychological, socio-economic and health aspectsremain unknown. Four Belgian professional societies [BELVIR (BelgianSociety for Virology), BSM (Belgian Society for Microbiology), BIS(Belgian Immunological Society) and BVIKM-SBIMC (Belgian Society forInfectiology and Clinical Microbiology)], with the support of VIB(Flemish Institute for Biotechnology) and FNRS (National Fund forScientific Research) have joined forces in the organisation of an online, free interdisciplinary symposium COVID-19 on June 24th 2021.
Followingsessions will be presented, which will provide the participant with acomprehensive summary of contemporary knowledge on COVID-19.
- Basic virology, host cell interactions and pathological manifestations.
- Therapies and non-pharmaceutical interventions.
- Epidemiology and socio-economic impact.
- Immune respons and vaccination.
Ascherry on the cake, Professor Stanley Perlman (University of Iowa, USA)who is an eminent specialist in coronavirus research and who is one ofthe leading academic voices on SARS-CoV-2, will provide a keynoteclosing lecture to share his view on current and potential futureoutbreaks of coronaviruses.
Thevirtual poster haal, meet-the-speaker sessions and virtual coffeebreaks will present plenty of opportunities to connect with each other.
Wehope to meet you online (on June 24th) on this excitinfg day of scienceand progress. Registration is mandatory but free of charge and is possible using this link (with detailed information about the program).
We warmly encourage you to submit your own work on COVID-19 as abstract for oral and poster presentations.
Interuniversity Course in Infectiology and Clinical Microbiology 2021 - 2023 [starts on October 7th 2021, organised jointly by the ULB ("Université Libre de Bruxelles"), the UCL ("Université Catolique de Louvain") and the ULg ("Université de Liège")].
First announcement of the Interuniversity Continuous Education (with certification) on Clinical Infectiology and Medical microbiology [September 2021 - May 2022, organised jointly by the VUB ("Vrije Universiteit Brussel), the KUL ("Katholieke Universiteit Leuven"), the UGent ("Universiteit Gent"), the UA ("Universiteit Antwerpen"), the "Jessaziekenhuis" (Hasselt) and the ITM ("Institute Tropical Medicine", Antwerpen)].